August 4, 2012

Hello Kitty Party

 
The following Saturday we had Ashlyn's friend party and she picked Hello Kitty for her theme.  We had a lot of fun picking stuff out the past couple of months & anytime she saw something Hello Kitty she would say "mommy we should get that for my birthday party its soo cute:)".  I must say I have quite the little shopper on my hand-I'm not sure where she got that trait from:) !! 
 
A customer of mine told me she had made her daughter a Hello Kitty Cake and still had the cake pan if I wanted to borrow it so I thought well heck how hard can it be!!  Growing up my mom decorated cakes for people and I loved watching and helping her(I'm sure I was a lot of help) and thought it would be fun to make Ashlyn a cake.  Well I must say the difficulty level was probably only about a 5 but the time was about 3+ hours from start to finish.  YIKES!!! Way more than I was expecting it to take but Ashlyn LOVED it and told me it was Beautiful and that made it all worth it. 

The party started at 1:00 and we decided to set up the food & tables out back so parents could all be in the same area as the kids.  Wouldn't you know after I worked so hard to get EVERYTHING all set up Ryan tells me it might rain.  Of course I didn't believe him b/c it hadn't rained in how many months & a chance of rain didn't mean it was going to but then he showed me a picture of the radar-there was no way it was going to miss us.  So we let all the kids get there and swim & play while we moved everything to the garage & house.  I guess in midst of all that I forgot to get some pictures of the food & decorations:(
Aubrey & Brody hanging out by themselves-Brody loves his Aubrey so much
Once it started raining we moved the party into the garage-I was glad I had a couple things planned for the kids.  We first played pin the bow on Hello Kitty's ear.  I think the kids were cheating they all were so close!
 
Then the kids got to decorate their own cupcakes!  

I think they all really enjoyed decorating and they did such a great job.  
Good job Sydney

Looks delicious Ashlyn
Oh Asher you little handsome devil
Lainie takes this decorating stuff pretty serious

 
I found this easy icing that pillsbury makes and it was not only delicious but I think it was pretty easy for the kids to squirt.
Time to open presents!

And then sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  
She tends to put her fingers in her mouth when she is embarrassed or "pretending" to be shy:)
Once the rain let up we headed back outside to burn off a little sugar. 

Front: Kane, Asher, Leila, Xavier, Lainie, Mya, Ashlyn, Sydney, Madilyn & Elizabeth. 
Not pictured; Owen, Kaden, Brody, Evan, Adler & Mai!


No comments: