December 23, 2011

Preparing for Christmas

There is so much excitement & anticipation for Christmas/Santa this year.  Ashlyn asks every morning if its Christmas today and we have to keep telling her just a few more days.  We are loving every minute and answering a lot of questions. 
We had the neighbor girls over to help us decorate our gingerbread tree.  Ashlyn would spend every waking moment with these 2 girls if she could and Brody loves them just as much. 
They divided up the decorating duties
I couldn't believe Ashlyn was actually decorating with the candy and not eating it.
Brody just supervised:)
They take this stuff pretty serious:)
Finished product looks AWESOME!!
Brody with one of his favorite girls!!

Of course we had to make cookies for Santa!!  She picked out the cookie cutters and insisted we make a heart and pumpkin for Santa:)  I remember when I was a kid climbing up on the kitchen counter just like Ashlyn helping my mom cut out cookies for Santa and everytime my mom would look away I would sneak a bite of the dough-Ashlyn was caught many times doing the same. 

No comments: