So yesterday I received the cutest letter from Ashlyn (ok Grandma Welborn) about how she was enjoying her time with her cousin Lainie and her Grandma and Grandpa W. Ryan thought we needed to post it to the blog so everyone else could have the pleasure of reading it too. Just the cutest and sweetest letter, really made my day yesterday b/c we have been missing her so much.
Grandma W is off work in the summers and wanted to keep Ashlyn a week but there was no way we could part that long from her so she is stayed Sunday and Monday night and we are picking her up tonight after work. I'm sure after staying with my parents Saturday night and then Ryan's parents 2 nights our little girl is going to be so spoiled, not that she isn't already:) Ryan and I really don't know what to do with ourselves, the house is so quiet and so empty w/out her talking/yelling, crawling, getting into everything. Even though we miss our little sweetie like crazy it has been good having a couple days to ourselves, we got a lot done around the house and yesterday after work went out golfing together for the 1st time in almost 2 yrs.
HERE IS THE LETTER:
Just to let u know I am doing great!
I got to play with my cousin Lainie for about 2 hrs. yesterday and I had the best time.
We just crawled around grandpa and grandma's house playing with toys and even raced each other up and down the hallway. Actually I was just crawling around looking in the other rooms and Lainie decides to follow me. Then when Grandpa would call us back Lainie decided to see who could get there the fastest. I didn't know we were racing until I saw Lainie look back at me and laugh like ----Ha Ha I am winning. Then I caught on and would try to catch her. It really wasn't hardly a fair race with Lainie having such a head start till I realized what was going on but, I enjoyed it all the same.
I went to bed real good for Grandpa and Grandma. I fell asleep around 9:15 a little bit after Lainie left. I had to wind down from playing so hard. I slept till 7:00 a.m.
Grandma didn't go to the gym this a.m. because she didn't want to miss out on the coddle time. She could have gone - I guess I want to save the coddle time for U and Daddy.
I ate a good breakfast while Grandma read her paper.
I even finished before she was done reading but, I was a really good girl and just played in my high chair while she read.
We then took walk to Great Aunt Carolyn's house. I got to play with cousins there too. Courtney, Maddie, and a friend of theirs was there. I played for awhile.
On our walk home I fell fast asleep and am still sleeping.
I want to take a real good nap because we get to go swimming this afternoon with Lainie.
I hope U are not too sad and missing me too much. I do miss U and Daddy.
I am having a good time here and am being a really GOOD Girl.
Grandpa will be home for lunch today. He kissed me this morning and said see u at lunch Ashlyn. I am not sure what time he comes for lunch. I hope to be awake from my nap by the time he comes home. I do love him. He plays with me so much. He even dressed me this morning when I got up. I am not sure if he stayed home longer this morning than normal just to see me.
Don't work too hard and enjoy some quiet time with Daddy.
Love you much Mommy!
Ashlyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment